22MarAll DayThe Western Tiers Cycle Challenge - CANCELLEDA challenging ride through the Meander ValleyLauncestonState:TASDiscipline:family friendly,RoadTerrain:Flat,Mixed,UndulatingDistance:1-40 km,41-80 km,81-120 kmType Ride:Century,Charity,Gran-fondo,Recreational
The Western Tiers Cycle Challenge is a great day out in the Meander Valley outside Launceston. *** Cancelled due to C-19 for 2020, try again next year,
The Western Tiers Cycle Challenge is a great day out in the Meander Valley outside Launceston.
*** Cancelled due to C-19 for 2020, try again next year, ie 28 MARCH 2021 ***
The Western Tiers Cycle Challenge is a day of challenging social rides through the beautiful Meander Valley, in northern Tasmania.
All rides start from Prospect Park Sports Ground, Harley Parade Prospect, on the south side of Launceston and pass through slow country roads with a distance to suit all abilities:
- 140km ride to Deloraine, Chudleigh, Birralee and return. A bit of climbing, undulating with some hills, 1200+m.
- 100km ride to Deloraine and return. A good workout, some climbing and undulations, 700+m.
- 76km ride to Westbury and return. A challenging ride for the beginner, steady for the intermediate rider, and easy for the advanced rider.
- 52km ride towards Hagley and then returning via the old Bass Highway. An easy ride.
- 24km ride to Carrick and return. An easy ride that is great for kids and families.
The Western Tiers Cycle Challenge is a charity ride and raises money for New Horizons Tasmania, with all funds raised going directly to support the organisation’s inclusive sport and recreation programs.
Discover this hidden gem of a ride in the north of Tassie.
You’ll find other great rides, like the Western Tiers Cycle Challenge, in our online Cycling Event Calendar.