The Redback MTB is an outback adventure The Redback MTB Stage Race is 4 day, 6 stage mountain bike race that is held in Alice Springs, in
The Redback MTB is an outback adventure
The Redback MTB Stage Race is 4 day, 6 stage mountain bike race that is held in Alice Springs, in central Australia.
This adventure race is centered around Alice Springs with the opportunity to explore the infinite single track network in the area. This is a race but it does have a friendly, social atmosphere, which means you can either attend solo or with some of your regular riding crew. Luckily this cycling event is held in Winter, which means the days won’t be hot (but the nights will be cold).
Here’s the six stages:
- Stage 1 – Tourism NT 36km – Friday(AM)
- Stage 2 – Rapid Ascent 300m ANZAC Hill Climb – Friday (PM)
- Stage 3 – 46km Cross Country Race – Saturday (AM)
- Stage 4 – 22km Individual Time Trial – Sunday (AM)
- Stage 5 – 22km Night Race – Sunday (PM)
- Stage 6 – Mercure Alice Springs Resort 51km Cross Country Race – Monday(AM)
This looks like a fantastic event, and is a great opportunity to also visit a popular part of central Australia.
You’ll find other great cycling events, like the Redback MTB, in our online Cycling Event Calendar.