28MarAll DaySnowy Valleys Cycle ChallengeRide the iconic Snowy MountainsAdelongState:NSWDiscipline:Climb,RoadTerrain:MountainousDistance:1-40 km,121-160 km,41-80 kmType Ride:Century,Charity,Gran-fondo,Recreational
Snowy Valleys Cycle Challenge is your chance to conquer the Snowy Mountains The Snowy Valleys Cycle Challenge is a charity ride that allows riders to experience
Snowy Valleys Cycle Challenge is your chance to conquer the Snowy Mountains
The Snowy Valleys Cycle Challenge is a charity ride that allows riders to experience the iconic Snowy Mountains. The ride is based at Adelong, a small country town at the base of the mountains. This region is rich with its stunning scenery, heritage towns and unique history, and well worth a visit.
There are 4 main courses to suit riders of differing ability and fitness:
- 16 km Adelong to Grahamstown return to Adelong. For the rider who wants a short ride with the kids. A perfect family ride.
- 45 km Adelong to Tumalong and returning back to Adelong. An undulating adventure into the countryside. Perfect for the capable beginner and intermediate level of rider.
- 72 km Adelong, Wondalga, Batlow, Bago, Link Rd (Greenhills Access Rd & Broadleaf Park Rd), Wondalga, Adelong. A medium-level challenge with a reasonable level of fitness required as this course has 1378 m of climbing, with a short 12% section.
- 144Km Adelong, Wondalga, Batlow, Bago, Tarradale, Tumbarumba and returning via Link Rd (Greenhills Access Rd & Broadleaf Park Rd), Wondalga, Adelong. A challenging course that requires a good level of fitness as there is considerable climbing, 2568 m with a short hill 14%.
- 160km The is the BIG one, following the 144km route with an added hill into Rosewood and the First Rail trail back to Tumbarumba. it is noted that the rail trail is all a solid surface, ie tarred, No gravel or crushed limestone here. the additions will then push the combined elevation gain to over 3000m.
This looks like a fantastic event for cyclists who don’t mind a climb!
Note to self: Find a local watering hole for a reward afterwards.
You’ll find other great cycling events, like Snowy Valleys Cycle Challenge, in our online Cycling Event Calendar.