18Sep(Sep 18)11:04 am25(Sep 25)11:04 amPerth-Laverton Cycling ClassicRide from the Ocean to the OutbackPerthState:WADiscipline:RoadTerrain:Mixed,UndulatingDistance:121-160 km,160+ km,81-120 kmType Ride:Charity,Multi-day
Perth-Laverton Cycling Classic is a great opportunity to explore central WA The Perth-Laverton Cycling Classic is a challenging 8 day ride from the ocean
Perth-Laverton Cycling Classic is a great opportunity to explore central WA
The Perth-Laverton Cycling Classic is a challenging 8 day ride from the ocean to the outback of Western Australia. This event starts in Perth, the capital of Western Australia, rides through Mount Magnet and finishes in Laverton, in the northern Goldfields.
This is a fantastic opportunity to explore a rugged part of Australia, along a route that is unique to this event. This ride is also unique in that it allows you to expereince the local indigenous culture and communities as you cycle through their traditional lands.
This is a challenging ride, where you will need to be fit as you’ll be cycling at least 151km a day. Numbers are limited to just 15 riders and accomodation and food is provided.
This is a charity ride that raises funds for indigenous youth mentoring programs for the Laverton community. It is anticiapted that the 15 riders will collectivley raise $25 000.
- Day One: 154km’s Perth-Goomalling
- Day Two: 115km’s Goomalling-Dalwallinu
- Day Three: 137km’s Dalwallinu-Ningham Station
- Day Four: 199kms Ningham Station-Mount Magnet
- Day Five: 153kms Mount Magnet-Sandstone
- Day Six: 152kms Sandstone-Leinster
- Day Seven: 136kms Leinster-Leonora
- Day Eight: 125kms Leonora- Laverton
- Day Nine to Eleven are spent with children completing the mentoring program and excursions with local elders
This is a unique event where you can combine cycling with an opportunity to support indigenous health, community well-being and youth development.
You’ll find other cycling events, like the Perth-Laverton Cycling Classic, in our online Cycling Event Calendar.