Great Outback Escape

May, 2019

11MayAll Day18Great Outback EscapeAn 8 day pilgrimage through the Red CentreAlice SpringsState:NTDiscipline:Gravel,MTB,RoadTerrain:Flat,Mixed,UndulatingDistance:160+ kmType Ride:Multi-day,Recreational

riders from the Great Outback Escape

more

Ride Details

Great Outback Escape is your chance to ride your bike around Central Australia.

The Great Outback Escape is an 8-day pilgrimage around beautiful Central Australia on a fully escorted bike tour.

This is a bike tour with a difference, as you will be based in several locations and driven to different locations which you will then explore by bike. You’ll have 6 days of cycling where you’ll be covering 438km on what appears to be a combination of sealed and unsealed roads or tracks.

The Great Outback Escape starts in Alice Springs and finishes at Yulara, the community right next to Uluru (or Ayers Rock). You’ll get to experience the rugged and unique landscapes of Australia’s Red Centre, including West MacDonnell Ranges, Kings Canyon and the iconic Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park by bike.  By night, you’ll rest, relax, refuel and refresh in three to five star accommodation.

You can either fly out from Yulara or be transferred by bus back to Alice Springs.

This is a great event to add to your bucket list, as this is a beautiful part of Australia. Opportunities to ride through this remote part of Australia are uncommon.

You’ll find other great cycling events, like Great Outback Escape, in our online Cycling Event Calendar.

Is this ride on your bucket list? Why not create an online Bucket List and keep track of rides you really want to do.

Enjoy!

 

Great Outback Escape is your chance to ride your bike around Central Australia. 

Date

11 May - 18 May

Location

Alice Springs, NT

Alice Springs

Full Registration Price

$3499

Registration Closes

1 February 2019

Extra Information

  • 4/5 star accommodation upgrade available
  • $900 paid on booking, 60% due 14 December and remaining 40 % due by registration close date
  • Flights not included
  • Meals
  • Accommodation

 

Organiser

X
X