02AprAll Day05Easter CycleA weekend of cycling near AdelaideBurraState:SADiscipline:CX,family friendly,Gravel,MTB,RoadTerrain:Flat,Mixed,UndulatingDistance:1-40 km,160+ km,41-80 kmType Ride:Multi-day,Recreational
The Easter Cycle is a weekend of relaxed ‘cycling’ fun with family and friends. The Easter Cycle is a relaxing 3 day cycling weekend that is
The Easter Cycle is a weekend of relaxed ‘cycling’ fun with family and friends.
The Easter Cycle is a relaxing 3 day cycling weekend that is organised by Bike SA.
And each year it is based in a different part of regional South Australia.
In 2020, the Easter Cycle is based at Burra, which is east of the Clare Valley in the Bald Hills range.
Burra is a historic tourist town that is only a couple of hours away from Adelaide (166km), with lots of things to see and do!
The Easter Cycle is not just a weekend of cycling. It is a weekend away that is filled with activities and rides of varying distance and duration for riders of all abilities (the kids included). You’ll be camping and it is fully catered, which means a weekend off from cooking! You’ll find rides to satisfy the needs of both road, gravel and mountain bikers.
This sounds like the perfect weekend away, where you can spend some downtime with family and friends, as well as get in a few rides.
You’re riding options include:
- Relaxed rides on sealed and unsealed roads and trails through the Burra region region.
- Bring your favourite roadie, hybrid or mountain bike. You can even bring your E-bike if you wish.
- Explore the region, steeped in history, quiet bike tracks and, of course, cafes and coffee shops, and time perhaps to watch the sun setting after another great day’s riding (walking, reading a book or relaxing).
- Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday morning.
- Family Night Ride on Sunday night – don’t forget your lights!
The organiser, BikeSA, is a not for profit organisation, independent of government, who promote all types of cycling and is focused on improving riding condition in SA.
You’ll find other cycling events, like the Easter Cycle, in our online Cycling Event Calendar.