21SepAll Day292019 Annual Tour (BikeSA)An epic 9 day ride through the Eyre PeninsulaCowellState:SADiscipline:RoadTerrain:Mixed,UndulatingDistance:121-160 km,41-80 km,81-120 kmType Ride:Multi-day,Recreational
Bike SA's Annual Tour for 2019 is exploring the Eyre Peninsula over 9 days. For the first time, Bike SA's 2019 Annual Tour will explore the Eyre Peninsula, exploring both
Bike SA’s Annual Tour for 2019 is exploring the Eyre Peninsula over 9 days.
For the first time, Bike SA’s 2019 Annual Tour will explore the Eyre Peninsula, exploring both the inland and coastal areas. Each year a different part of South Australia is explored and the 200 spots to ride are highly coveted. So you need to get on the waiting list ASAP! This is a stunning piece of Australia and you can expect diverse landscapes, wild coastline, unique flora and fauna, great local hospitality and arguably some of Australia’s best seafood.
The Annual Tour starts in Cowell and finishes in Port Lincoln. Over 9 days you can expect to ride between 50 to 100km each day, and to travel about 500km over the whole tour. This is a fully supported tour with almost everything included.
The 2019 Annual Tour starts in Cowell on the shores of Franklin Harbour, midway along the Eyre Peninsula’s eastern coastline. You’ll then head inland exploring some of the most productive farming land on the Eyre Peninsula, enjoying warm country hospitality in the communities of Cleve, Lock and Cummins along the way. Then it’s back to the coast to explore and enjoy the delights of Coffin Bay and Port Lincoln where delicious food and wine, unique and diverse countryside, open skies and a mix of landscapes that support a multitude of unique flora and fauna awaits.
Highlights over the 9 days include:
- Unique food & wine produce of Eyre Peninsula including locally sourced seafood, lamb, wines, craft beer and more
- Swimming with sea lions, dolphins and tuna, or taking the plunge to cage dive with the Great White Sharks
- Visit Coffin Bay National Park, with its crystal clear water, sandy beaches, epic sand dunes and abundant wildlife.
- Sample the famous “Coffin Bay Oyster” (you can try them straight from the ocean, it’s worth it)
- Explore Whalers Way and Lincoln National Park
- Enjoy scenic landscapes and sweeping vistas of the rugged coastline of the Lower Eyre
This sounds like a fantastic way to explore South Australia each year!
The organiser, BikeSA, is a not for profit organisation, independent of government, who promote all types of cycling and is focused on improving riding condition in SA.
You’ll find other cycling events, like the Annual Tour, in our online Cycling Event Calendar.